Giant Squid is a creative environment that values experimentation, craftsmanship, dedication and teamwork in the production of artistic game experiences. As a member of the Giant Squid team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate directly with the creators of the critically acclaimed game ABZÛ. We are looking for passionate developers who are aligned with our goal of creating video game experiences that are elegant and efficient, yet evocative, beautiful and meaningful.
We offer competitive salary and benefits to our employees. All our positions are on site at our studio in West Los Angeles, CA.
Giant Squid is looking for a Community Manager to become a pillar of our wonderful community around ABZÛ and our upcoming game The Pathless. Our mission is to build genuine connections with our players and to support, understand, and grow our unique and diverse audience.
As Community Manager, you’re ready to be the voice that represents us to our players, consistently engaging with and amplifying their passion. You’ll learn our games as deeply as our most dedicated fans, and understand what’s going on day to day in development. You’ll be an active participant in the community who builds and maintains positive relationships within it.
Another important aspect of this role is direct collaboration with the dev team to define high level social media strategies, and to drive the creation of meaningful posts to share.
Along with your resume, please submit a cover letter to help us learn who you are and what you’re all about. What does community mean to you? What’s so compelling about community management that you want to do it as a job all day, specifically at Giant Squid?
- Foster and grow the unique culture of our online community.
- Define and communicate a genuine, authentic voice that represents Giant Squid online.
- Lead the effort to generate regular meaningful posts, community activities, and influencer events by collaborating with the dev team.
- Ensure consistent community engagement, and define big picture strategies for how to improve it. Collect and analyze community data metrics to validate these plans are working.
- Lead the moderation of our Discord and other official channels.
- Complete competency with all major social media and streaming platforms.
- Excellent understanding of writing and grammar.
- Strong passion for gaming and gaming social ecosystems; be ready to talk shop about the product with fans and developers daily.
- An open, empathic, and positive attitude towards dealing with people online.
- A history of demonstrable, positive impact on community experiences.
- Web content creation skills - especially video capture & editing, graphic design & layout, and creating high quality screenshots - to help with building posts and content.
Relocation expenses and/or visa sponsorship not offered.
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org